Navdurga sitting in medicines
One belief says that the Navadurga mentioned in the Durga Kavach of Brahmaji is seated in nine specific medicines.
(1) First Shailputri (Harad): The medicine used in many types of diseases is Harad Himavati, which is a form of Goddess Shailputri. It is the main medicine of Ayurveda. It is of seven types Pathaya, Haritika, Amrita, Hemavati, Kayastha, Chetaki and Shreyasi.
(2) Brahmacharini (Brahmi): Brahmi enhances life and memory, removes blood disorders and makes the voice sweet. Hence it is also called Saraswati.
(3) Chandraghanta (Chandusur): It is such a plant which is similar to coriander. This medicine is beneficial in removing obesity, hence it is also called Charmahanti.
(4) Kushmanda (petha): This medicine makes petha sweet. Hence this form is called Petha. It is also called Kumhda, which is helpful in cleaning the stomach by removing blood disorders. It is like nectar in mental diseases.
(5) Skandmata (linseed): Goddess Skandmata is present in linseed in the form of medicine. It is an antidote for Vata, Pitta and Kapha diseases.
(6) Katyayani (Moiya): Goddess Katyayani is known by many names in Ayurveda like Amba, Ambalika and Ambika. Apart from this, they are also called Moiya. This medicine destroys phlegm, bile and throat diseases.
(7) Kalratri (Nagdaun): This goddess is known as Nagdaun medicine. It is beneficial in all types of diseases and it is a medicine to remove disorders of the mind and brain.
(8) Mahagauri (Tulsi): There are seven types of Tulsi, White Tulsi, Black Tulsi, Maruta, Davana, Kudherak, Arjak and Shatpatra. It cleans the blood and destroys heart diseases.
(9) Siddhidatri (Shatavari): The ninth form of Durga is Siddhidatri, which is called Narayani Shatavari. It is useful for strength, intelligence and discretion.
This Navratri with best wishes for prosperity and health